Writer's Crap | Teen Ink

Writer's Crap

January 20, 2015
By PeNfReAk10 PLATINUM, Chino Hills, California
PeNfReAk10 PLATINUM, Chino Hills, California
22 articles 3 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
When life hands you lemons, take the seeds and plant them.


I'm taking a huge breath right now. I have no idea what to write about and I'm dying because I need some form of past time.

What can I do? What should I do?

Human entanglement in emotional conflict? Human conquerable inhibitions? Human thoughts? Humans?

God. Those all sound exhausting. No, no. I need something light, something easy to write about but still as impactful. Maybe cute. Can you even write a cute story? I suppose it's an option. If you're that kind of writer. Which I'm not.

Perhaps a page full of insignificant plot twists that somehow reveal the value of life and death can squirm its way in here. Actually, now that I think about it, that's some serious plagiarism. Catching Fire is already a movie.

This is so frustrating.

Every time I come to this stupid Microsoft Word, the little cursor just likes to blink at me, like I'm supposed to move it or something. I mean, of course, I spent about half an hour trying to come up with some random font that suited me, realizing afterwards that Teen Ink keeps one font anyways.

I guess the font defines what you write about. And this makes absolute sense, because I am writing this in Khmer UI, and I have no idea what I'm doing.

I used to write pretty good stuff. Oh god. Can't you tell I've declined? I just used "stuff" and "good" in one sentence. If my AP English teacher were here, she'd probably slap me in the face right now.

Dear lord.

I really am starting to believe that this is the worst thing I have ever written. But in all honesty, I wrote the first two sentences for the whole font escapade. Now I realize that crap is a perpetuating literary device that's a gift that keeps on giving. I mean, I tried to have something meaningful and beautiful to give to the world, but this is really all that's coming out of my butt as of late.

Consequently, I am probably not going to proofread this. So, if I have mistakes, suck it up, English nerds, and take those spelling errors like a jock.

Man, that was horrible. I will apologize for that one right now.

Holy crap. I'm at the end of the page. I literally wrote a whole page of bull chips. I actually feel proud of myself. I was able to endure my horrible writing and even managed to input "bad" and "good" a few times without cringing.

I have come a long way, my friends.

Okay, I have about three more "Enter"s left (not "Return"s, thank you) before I literally have a full-on page. I can't believe it. I mean, everyone does this, but no one writes it down.

Get some, earth people. I wrote a page of crap, and I spent a whole hour doing it.

Might as well turn it in, then, huh?


The author's comments:

It's literally crap.