Not One Alike | Teen Ink

Not One Alike

January 8, 2013
By Dante_Aleman GOLD, Torrington, Wyoming
Dante_Aleman GOLD, Torrington, Wyoming
12 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
Just do you and let the rest blow past you


There is not one person in the world who is like you. Who really knows what is best for you? It seems like we live in a world where the roads are marked for you. where the path has already been mapped. Where your rules are set in stone. But what about the adventurers, the dare devils, the off-roaders? Are they considered rebels in our "structured society?" The people who riot and protest; are they not standing up for what they believe in? Is that not what our founding fathers did once upon a time? Weren't the "declarations" they set out built on the very belief that each and every person should be able to be independent and not be succumbed to any outside force?

I believe that our society is so judgemental and cruel to those who step outside our "line". I believe our society is scarred of change. things over time will change; that is inevitable. It cannot be corrected nor slowed nor stalled. I say that there is no unacceptable way to protest and express beliefs. what change can be made without the will to do so? I say to the protesters, make your voices heard. I sat to society, respond with understanding rather than bullets and hatred. Finally I say to the government, open your ears.


The author's comments:
Burst of emotion from watching the news late one night