Shed a Different Light | Teen Ink

Shed a Different Light

By IndiaT.V SILVER, Edinburgh, Other
IndiaT.V SILVER, Edinburgh, Other

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” — Mark Twain

There is a quote for everything. Words put together in a certain way can be extremely affective but what people always forget it that taken apart they are just words and they don't have to mean anything. Until someone recently quoted to me "The thing you fear most has no power. Your fear of it is what has the power. Facing the truth really will set you free." Oprah Winfrey. After I had heard this realised it is not the words in which you trust but it is the way you portray them. The next time I read and article I thought of the many different ways you could see it, to get all around perspective. I never knew what I was missing out on. So if you have time take an hour or two with a book or a newspaper and shed a different light on it .

I go back to my previous quote "Facing the truth will set you free". I have sat here for a while now just puzzling about these 7 words and I came up with this; when you lie on a higher level than just a little white lie you feel guilty. But even though you feel bad you can't get that back, you don't have an undo button and because you lied you have to hold the guilt because if you realise it, it could be really bad. But if face the truth you don't get such a horrible side affect. To all those out there who are compulsive liars try telling the truth some time it will set you free.