Opening Night | Teen Ink

Opening Night

April 21, 2008
By Anonymous

I’m late. I should have been there ten minutes ago. They’re probably wondering where I am. Ok, just park the car and run. Faster, faster. I hate these heels. I’m here. I’m in the dressing room. It’s so crowded back here. Where’s my costume? Do my hair and makeup in a minute, Lindsey. Where’s my costume? Only half an hour?! OHHH! That’s piece one of three. Where’s the other skirt and top? That’s not it! In a minute, Lindsey! Ok, I’ve found my entire costume. Who’s in the bathroom? Well, close the door, then. Pin me up, quick! Michael, you know you’re supposed to knock. Get out! Lindsey, hair and makeup, now. I don’t have time to hold up, girl. We start in ten minutes. Thank you. Where are my shoes? OW! These pins aren’t staying together. Oh, I can barely move and scarcely breathe. It’s so hot. Lindsey, hurry. That’s the opening number. Someone slide those shoes over here. I can’t bend over or move, for that matter, that’s why. Have you not noticed Lindsey has hold of my hair? Finally, you’re finished, Lindsey. About time. Oh, this costume is killing me. Oh, just in time, the end of the opening number. Ok, get in your pose, girl. The curtain’s opening—this is it.