What Matters Most to Me | Teen Ink

What Matters Most to Me

What matters most to me in the world is my family. My family is the single most important thing in my life at any given time. My two sisters and my mom are the people in this world I can count on the most to always give me good advice and tell me how things really are not just how I see them. My sisters and I have had days where we want to kill one another but at the end of the day we would do anything to protect each other. My mother is one of my biggest role models and one of my best friends. I don’t have a typical mother-son relationship like most kids my age. I often stay up till 12:30 just talking to my mom about everything and nothing. I’ve never had a problem that I can’t tell my mom about and ask for her advice. She never gets mad or angry when I make stupid decisions she just tells me I was wrong and moves on. She never throws anything back in my face to try to make me feel worse than I already do. My mother is one of the more strong willed people I have ever met. She raised three kids and got them all through high school with none getting in any major trouble all on her own. With this kind of support system it’s no wonder that my family is what matters most to me. As I said before, there the most important thing in the world to me.