Our Mistakes | Teen Ink

Our Mistakes

June 14, 2011
By just-another-url GOLD, Cannes, Other
just-another-url GOLD, Cannes, Other
16 articles 6 photos 151 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness." -Philip Lester


I look at the world and am disgusted with what I see.
A place full of hate, poverty, sadness, fear but most of all, I see people who have given up. Harmed to the core and no longer have that that spark of willpower left to fight for themselves.
I hate what I see.
I hate what the world has become.
We are monsters.
Killing each other and slowly killing ourselves.
I think of future generations, when they read about us in history books and talk about our actions and all the things that went wrong in our society, call our mistakes reflexions of the people we call leaders.
They will laugh, think that we were stupid and they'll be right !
Our actions only mirror who we are.
Those wars, ones that are are tearing families apart and destroying lives,
What are we doing to stop them ?
Once years ago, John Lennon sang words that now, many years later we still only ''imagine '' and don't pursue : '' Imagine all the people, living life in peace.'' Brave words.
Maybe not everyone agrees with me, but I'm sure some do.
And I might not be able to open the eyes of the world, but those who believe that buried deep down lies hope, well, I encourage them to take a stand and do their part.
Any way we can.
You were given speech and words and ears to listen to what others have to say, use them !
Words sung or written, picture, any way you can.
Because if each of us do our share, maybe one day our mistakes won't cast a shadow over us. And the beauty of who, we as the people, really are.


The author's comments:
This is a touchy subject to some, but it's important because we are the future and we must learn from the past mistakes to not repeat them. Enjoy :)