A Writer's Word | Teen Ink

A Writer's Word

By life_is_made_for_happiness BRONZE, Latrobe, Pennsylvania
life_is_made_for_happiness BRONZE, Latrobe, Pennsylvania

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

When people ask me what I write about, an answer doesn't come right away. You can say I write about life, love, and heartbreak. You can say I write realistic fiction, or fantasy. You can say I write short stories, long stories, and everything in between. You can say I write about what matters. You can say I write about things in everyone's life. You can say I write novels, you can say I write books. You can say I write about all of those things. But the truth is, I don't write about any of those things. I write about what comes to mind. I write about what's in my heart. And that cannot be specified to a certain genre, topic, or moment. It can't be specified at all, because it's mine and nobody else's. Anyone can write about life, love, loss, and every genre. But it takes a true writer to say their work is unspecified. They can truly say it's theirs.

I was sitting at home, trying to think of something, when this came to mind. Spur of the moment, and I wrote it down.