Competition | Teen Ink

Competition

August 29, 2010
By BookFan BRONZE, New York, New York
BookFan BRONZE, New York, New York
3 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Those who find beautiful meanings in beautiful things are the cultivated. For these there is hope. They are the elect to whom beautiful things mean only beauty" .
"We can forgive a man for making a useful thing as long as he does not admire it. The only excuse for making a useless thing is that one admires it intensely".
"Conscience and cowardice are really the same things. Conscience is the trade-name of the firm. That is all."
Oscar Wilde: The Picture of Dorian Gray


There is no person in our world, who never wins or loses, who never feels a spirit of fight or fear before it, and who never tries a sweet taste of dream to win or deep disappointment. Some people can even easily name their life a game, and others just give up and take a defeat. But I think, both people are week: people who obey gambling or people who are afraid to play because of fear to lose again. So, competition plays an important role in our life. But strong people are people who never stop believe in themselves. And, honestly, who don't want to see their children strong and powerful. Parents sometimes forget about what kids really want and get them to such tops where they fall so fast and painfully. I know a lot of parents who can't even talk to their kids when the latter don't get what they want in some competition. And then kids forget about rules of game and turn into cruel people who can do everything, jut to achieve their aim. They also teach their kids to live in same way. I'm really afraid to see, someday, my life in that way. My mother says that life makes people do such things just to survive and sometimes we don't have any choice. But I still believe that honesty in every step in life, which consists from big and small games, has a value. maybe, I am a conservative person buy i will always maintain honest game, because for me a price can be more expensive than a prize. And this should be the main principle in kid's life, because in that way we can have some future.


The author's comments:
I wrote it just to remember you,that life is so much more than a game and when we hunt for the prize all a time, we miss something bigger then us.