FRIENDS FOREVER | Teen Ink

FRIENDS FOREVER

August 4, 2010
By yogita GOLD, Chennai, Other
yogita GOLD, Chennai, Other
11 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"things dont change...you change things!"


"Darn it..... you know what? I hate you.....Let's not EVER speak again !" My friend made a sulky face and stomped away. Hurt, even i screamed back, " Fine, let's see you deciding for your birthday party luncheon all by yourself ! The two of us walked away in different directions.

A stance of a small fight.... trust me, a very small fight.

We have many friends, each of them is one of a kind. All of us, I guess, have this one ' snobby-yet-sweet' sort of a friend whom we cannot ignore. We soulfully fight with them, and there are times when we think " Oh my God , I should not have befriended this one, I should have found other friends and maintained my distance with her... darn it!" But these thoughts last for about five minutes, because after that... wham! some situation comes up and we are friends with our five minute old enemy, all over again.

Life is strange.... Friendship even more stranger. Understanding this vital relationship in our lifetime, sometimes becomes difficult and sometimes impossible --- and rejoicing in its lovely hues is like chomping a piece of creamy chocolate cake !

There are a few moments in life, when true friends have fights, swear not to be ever in talking terms again....... but, at the same time, we also realise that these very same friends are always present to add on to our enjoyments as well as share some of our most deep felt sorrows. Always there.... omnipresent, one might feel, to say, to help, to criticize, to decide, to make fun and most importantly, to make us feel special !

" May I have a Frooti", I heard a familiar voice next to me, when I was at the canteen. " What ! 15 bucks... it was only 10, right?" continued the voice, " I am thirsty !!!"
" I need a doughnut", I said, breaking into the previous conversation, " and please take the rest of the monety for HER frooti. "

After collecting my delicious looking chocolate doughnut in my hand with utmost care, lest it falls, I started walking away. A few seconds later, I felt someone's breath close to me, a girl drinking frooti. I had re-befriended my 'best friend' again.