How Could This Have Happened? | Teen Ink

How Could This Have Happened?

By Tomboy GOLD, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Tomboy GOLD, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

"The human heart had hidden treasures; in secret kept; in silence sealed; the thoughts; the hopes; the dreams; the pleasures; whose charms were broken if revealed" - Charlotte Bronte

This article will be short, it's more of me saying my straight out opinion.
Think back to them time, about fifty years ago maybe, and just think about what it was like. If you don't know ask your grandparents.
Back then, there was common courtesy, being a gentlemen, dressing properly, family time. Now, just look around you. Instead of, I can't think of the word, but lets say respect for yourself, people are trying to show as much as their bodies as possible. I'm not saying that true for everyone, but for some.
Instead of people holding open doors or offering to carry groceries, like I said, some people do but others don't, the slightest look from people in your direction will have people thinking the very worst intentions of them, like following them to their house and killing them.
What ever happened to being able to trust parents, friends, counselors, to being paranoid about betrayal and lies.
I hate what humans have become. Selfish, greedy, lying by instinct, guarded, money lust, sex lust...
It'll take hundreds of years, I hope, but sooner or later we'll bury humankind so deep to the pits of hell and by then it'll be to late, we'll be gone, extinct.
This article went in a slightly different way then I intended, but I'm going to keep it like this. Please comment

This is a quote I think of when I see something abut murder or see people cheating on another. "I hate the inner workings of the human mind"

kesha said...
nice poem i know how it fell when someone in your famley die maby u should check out my page if u whant to hi im kesha

kesha said...
nice poem i know how i know what it fell like when someone and your family die maby u should cheak page out if u whant to hi im kesha