Me And My Questions | Teen Ink

Me And My Questions

By DifferentTeen PLATINUM, Seaford, Delaware
DifferentTeen PLATINUM, Seaford, Delaware

"There’s no such thing as true love, just spurts of insanity—falling over and over again, thinking that won’t happen to me"

I'm not like other girls. I don't 'flaunt' my stuff, mostly because I don't have any "stuff". But also because I'm scared to, that I won't do it right. Maybe I should just try it. Personally though, I find it very degrading, that a woman has to sacrifice her pride to an arrogant man who doesn’t fully appreciate her. I am most certainly a different teen. I don't fit in; I can't dance on boys like the other girls because I think it’s disgusting. Sometimes I think that maybe I'm too judgmental. But really, all I'm trying to do is find my way.

I hate how adults think kids and teenagers shouldn't have a say in anything and that they don't know anything. Because we do! We're not just little slaves to be bossed around. That saying "Children are to be seen, not heard" is ridiculous. Who are they to say that we don't know anything? Then why do we go to school? Why do we learn about the world if we can't have a say in the matter?

I love school, I get good grades I have friends, it’s not like I'm an out cast. But I'm just so self conscious. I get nervous in front of people, I turn red, and I hate the way I look. But why? Everyone tells me I'm pretty, why can't I just accept it? I walk down the halls and corridors and question myself “What are they looking at?” “Is there something the matter with me?” But I just keep on walking. I hate that I'm shy and that I'm not confident. Why can’t I be normal?
I love reading and I love telling people about it, so why can't I get up in front of my classmates, my peers, and tell them about it? Why was I born with this, this curse? I'll never know, and like everyone else, I'll just have to learn to live with it. But sometimes I don't think I can.

I look in the mirror, and I'm disgusted. I look at the other girls and am ashamed. Why do I walk among these confident beautiful people? Surly I'm not worthy? But for some unknown reason I was placed on this Earth, and am forced to roam in wonder.

My life is full of opinions. Some will never be noticed, some never spoken. Life is full of questions. Most are never answered.

I wrote this to relate to people, because I know I'm not alone.

I'm glad you can relate, thank you for commenting!

VioletsandVoice, Spiritwood, North Dakota
You are certainly not alone, I can relate to this very much. Excelent work again!

KylaK SILVER said...
KylaK SILVER, Hanover, Kansas
I really like this article, and I can completely relate with your insecurities

RachelAndersen96 SILVER, Rolling Meadows, Illinois

You give up your childhood. You miss proms and games and high-school events, and people say it's awful... I say it was a good trade. You miss something but I think I gained more than I lost. Mary Lou Retton.

Another quote by her: Each one of us ha"Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. It's our goal in life to find it and keep it lit."

I love how this article is written. I feel like this. I can re[late to this. You are great writer. Keep on writing!!!

Thank you, I'm glad you could agree with me. And I loved your article as well!

hancampbell GOLD, Woodside, California

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you will join us, and the world will live as one." <3

"Not all who wander are lost"

Whoa, you're right, our articles are pretty similar! I really like yours; I completely agree with you on a bunch of this. Grinding/freaking is disgusting! 

Thank you so much, your comments mean a lot to me.

starlight26 GOLD, Miramar, Florida

*life isnt about pretending to be something you're not. It about being who you are and finding someone
who loves every bit of it."

"Life's tradegy is that we get old too soon and wise too late"

I agree. I loved this piece!!!!!!

InsaneKitten BRONZE, Miami, Florida

Even shadows need light..... "Melissa Marr, Ink Exchange" :D

I guess everyone feels like that :/ naw im a true weirdo but I honestly don't mind I'm proud of it. Remember It's fun to laugh at the pretty girls who think they have real friends, and think they can dance. it's nice to get good grades because after school I'll Rule the world >:) You have to think your the best because your you who else could be better in this world. And shyness is just a disease in the world that last only five minutes until you REALLY get to know someone. Books are awesome and if no one else can appreciate you think to yourself yay I'm smarter than my other friends! :3 Being unique is awesome once you got the confidence. Attitude is everything. and popularity is just a gian group of people who have a common interests that look like creepy clones or robots 0.o Be happy to be in your own little group :D

Kay4theRoses said...
Kay4theRoses, O&#39brien, Florida

"all's fair in love and war." And "Beware of a fat man whose belly doesn't jiggle when he laughs."-A Chinese philosopher. =)

very diffrent from the kind of stuff i write, it was completely strait forward and directly thought to paper. keep writing your opinion if you cant say it, ill deffintly read it.

will anyone read some of my newer stuff? tell me what you think.

This whole article describes my life literally almost everyday. I love it! Keep writing ;)

sorry about that, I don't know why Microsoft didn't tell be I spelt it wrong, I even used the spellcheck.

thanks :D

lizzymwrites GOLD, Miami, Florida

The only people for me are the mad ones... the ones who never yawn and say a commonplace thing but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders against the stars." - Jack Kerouac

Ok, aside from one tiny spelling mistake I'm sure you didn't notice when you wrote (surely, noit surly) it's a very good article. Everyone feels that way sometimes. =)

Bethani GOLD said...
Bethani GOLD, Highlands Ranch, Colorado

Life is perfect until you sit back and realize how boring it is without risks.

Where have you been all through high school? You are just like me. Grinding is gross!

thank you very much :)

conversegirl23 BRONZE, Wasilla, Alaska
1 article 1 photo 36 comments

"So many frogs, so few princes"

wonderful job. i like how candid and honest u were.