Trust to Truth to Lies and Opinions | Teen Ink

Trust to Truth to Lies and Opinions

June 30, 2010
By crazy4music GOLD, Sewell, New Jersey
crazy4music GOLD, Sewell, New Jersey
10 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.


What’s trust? Trust has so many different definitions, but is one honestly correct? Trust is not a fact, it is an opinion. For all we know, trust could be made up. It could be a figment of our imagination, something that was made up just to screw with our heads. Honestly, it has done a good job messing around with me.

People’s opinions on trust all vary. Trust to one person may mean something completely different to another. In my opinion, trust is just what I explained it as. Something that’s just there, and I suppose we rely on it a little bit too much. “Innocent until proven guilty,” same with trust, I suppose. You are trustworthy, until proven not to be. Anybody and everyone will believe a lie, if you haven’t told one before. Or perhaps if you haven’t been caught lying before.

“The boy who cried wolf.” He could not be trusted. He lied so many times; nobody could believe a word that came out of his mouth. So when he came to tell the truth, he had no help. Maybe we should take advantage of this boy’s mistake. But many don’t. Why do we lie and lie, over and over again, if we know it will just get us into more trouble in the end?

There’s always a problem. So naturally, there’s something wrong with the whole concept of lying and trusting. What somebody might think of a lie might not be to another. Just because you don’t tell the truth, doesn’t mean it’s not true. You can leave true parts out, but it doesn’t mean you’re lying about anything.

So you see. Trust is based on opinion. Lying is too. I’m not here to tell you what to think, or get you to think my way. I’m just simply, well stating my opinion. Because I think (see I think, I don’t know) it’s the truth. But you may think otherwise. And that’s exactly what I’m trying to get through to people. You see, what I’m saying is not a lie, but it’s not the concrete truth either.


The author's comments:
It's just my thoughts. I was helping my friend with something, and it got me thinking.