An Influence | Teen Ink

An Influence

An Influence

Robby, my brother, has a huge influence on my life. We share so many great times together and he has always been there for me. I admire his athleticism and his enthusiasm towards everything. He is very individualistic and knows how to have a good time.
Playing games with Rob is always a fun thing to do. We play card games a lot, especially Spit and Poker. Once you play a couple of games over and over again, it begins to get boring. He invented a game called Snag It. This is a game where all players get 4 cards and another four cards are placed on the floor. On a count of three, all players grab cards from the middle and try to make a hand of four of the same cards. At any point during the game, the player can grab their opponents cards and see if they need it. This move is only allowed twice in a game. As you can see, there is never a dull time around Robby.
For the winter and spring, Robby runs hurdles for the Varsity Track team. He is ranked 17th in the county and has perfect form. Last year, i also ran hurdles for school. He helped me every weekend to help perfect my form. At the end of the season, i got my time down to 9.8 seconds on the 55 meter hurdles. I ran during the second heat as a seventh grader. This year, I hope I can get a time of about 8.7 seconds. Robby is a great coach and helps me do whatever my mind is set on.