Last flight to the moon | Teen Ink

Last flight to the moon

By ElaM ELITE, Surrey, Columbia
ElaM ELITE, Surrey, Columbia

“I was ashamed of myself when I realized life was a costume party; and I attended with my real face.” ~Franz Kafka

Someone once told me that walking in the moonlight is better than sitting in the inky darkness of the night and questioning why there is no moonlight to guide us home.

I know there is no wrong or right answer to my unanswered one thousand questions. I had seem to once already hand off my dreams to someone else, and they had already flew to the moon before I even got a chance to leave my teenage paradox and beyond. I found that over time that if flying to and walking to the moon teaches us one thing it is that like the moon we support the continuous cycle of becoming who we are meant to be and shedding layers of who we are not. Never be afraid to heave yourself towards the light where there is the undying hope. The rose as simple as the bleeding heart, as simple as knowing the fact that you do not fit or belong in one place and destination as long as we are rooted to the Earth our spirits are carefree wandering around whatsoever without any limitations and thinking about our future as soon as we reached the moon. Be free as one day even the moon will smile down at you itself. Fifty years ago, we were pondering if we can ever see or make it to the moon. Now we know that anything in life is possible if we put our minds to it. Keep your head up and believe in the moon, stars and wind. The moon will be your aspiration. The stars will be your aiming point. And the wind will carry you to wherever your success seems to reach.