Conservation of Natural Resources | Teen Ink

Conservation of Natural Resources

By Boeing787Dreamliner BRONZE, Lahore, Other
Boeing787Dreamliner BRONZE, Lahore, Other

Every year, 900 million trees are cut down, 123.73 billion gallons of oil are burned, 1,432 million metric tons of Greenhouse gases are released. Since the 1990s humans have exploited natural resources. Trees, Fossil Fuels, animals, and other materials are being used to their maximum.  The main point is we exploit our planet a lot so much so that we only have 50-55 years of using Fossil Fuels. Before humans came, almost 200,000 years ago there were 6 trillion trees that covered 6 billion hectares. Surprisingly in the year 2021, there are now 3.04 trillion trees that 4.7 billion hectares only cover. The dinosaurs got extinct because of an asteroid, trees will go extinct because of humans. Pollution, When substances that have a harmful effect enter the environment. Pollution occurs everywhere. Whether it be in a city or on a desolate island. The most polluted areas are beaches, seas, rivers, and the sky. These are heavily polluted due to human impact. The Ozone layer is crucial because it protects the earth from Solar flares and solar storms. It also keeps the atmosphere intact, without it the sun’s effects will drastically change the earth’s climate. There would be no atmosphere; meaning no oxygen, no gravity, no way of living. Climate change. It is practically talked about everywhere from documentaries to newspaper articles. To deal with these situations humans have invented are air purifiers are machines. The only thing that might improve the situation is trees and Conservationists. A conservationist is someone who spends his/her time protecting and developing the environment. Examples of famous conservationists are Rachel Carson and Jacques Cousteau. They have devoted themselves to saving the environment. Organizations such as the WWF have also helped and saved the environment, yet they have saved numerous things trees, animals, and others, but not the sea. As sea levels rise all around the world countless cities and metropolitan areas will sink beneath the devastating waves. On the other hand, due to air pollution, the ozone layer might vanish causing the sun’s effects to reduce sea levels, and freshwater levels causing an extinction event that could kill billions. Although these causes may seem unfortunate there is a way to stop this. We could recycle our waste products, and turn them into useful items. We could also use renewable energy sources as, plant more trees. We could also “ Go Green”. To “ Go Green” we could also plant more trees and plants to restore our animal population. There are unlimited ideas, and anyone could help save our planet. The real question is …. Will you?

Earth will look like Venus if we keep doing this