What is Tolerance really?! | Teen Ink

What is Tolerance really?!

October 22, 2019
By Emaan_zahra_ijaz GOLD, Sharjah, Other
Emaan_zahra_ijaz GOLD, Sharjah, Other
12 articles 14 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life"


The common wiki definition would be the ability or willingness to tolerate the existence of opinions or behaviour that one dislikes or disagrees with.

However, aside from that, what is the true meaning and importance of tolerance that our country yearns for?

In Islamic culture, tolerance is a concept that refers to acceptance, appreciation, respect and much more. Intolerance, on the other hand, is known to be the complete opposite where it is the failure to appreciate and respect the practices and beliefs of another group. though tolerance may seem to be impossible to implement in a few situations, being tolerant still is the key to relieve strain between the community of certain groups. In my opinion, it is because tolerance is essential to interact with different types of people in a respectful and understanding way. it helps to endure the pain of the conflicted pasts we may have and resolve differences. Finally, tolerance has been given high value in the UAE to seek the goals for the present and for the future and to build a place where people from all around the world live in harmony.

A place without intolerance and discrimination is the ideal home for anyone and everyone.


The author's comments: