What is Islamophobia? | Teen Ink

What is Islamophobia?

December 14, 2016
By MalinMan BRONZE, Aurora , Colorado
MalinMan BRONZE, Aurora , Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

 Islamophobia is an unfounded hate towards Islam and the people of it; Muslims. The ignorant hate toward Islam is a huge worldwide problem the started to rise this year. This close-minded prejudice against Muslims began in 1991. Many people in a variety of countries have Islamophobia and discriminate Muslim people. The recurring problem that is Islamophobia is being seen worldwide. Around the world, the people of Islam have been receiving hate due to the fact that they are Muslim. It’s a very huge topic that includes hate crimes, threats, etc. However, most of this hatred comes out of our very own, America. Ignorance is very important when talking about Islamophobia. It requires a low amount of intelligence to be afraid of others due to the simple fact of them being Muslim. Scholars from throughout the world have defined the biased hatred as cultural racism. Others have stated it refers to social anxiety. But what really is Islamophobia?

 

Throughout the world, Muslim people are being hated and discriminated against. Obviously, terror attacks have been happening across the globe by SOME Muslim people. Some Muslim people have made a bad decisions and it’s taken a toll on the whole religion. This xenophobic hate is also linked with an Islamic terror group known as, IsIs. Since, this terror group has started to skyrocket Muslim people that are truly innocent have been being targeted. This isn't the only thing that has given Islamophobia a boost. SInce Donald Trump was elected, there were approximately 900 post election hate-attacks toward Muslim people. That shows that Islamophobia isn’t bringing America as one, instead it’s ruining our country. That is a big reason why Islamophobia is such a huge. It’s dividing us rather than bringing us together. Overall, Islamophobia is a major problem that will cause collapsion. Islamophobia needs to be tackled because it’s causing segregation in our world. It may never be demolished unless someone addresses it.
 

The Muslim people of our nation are being tormented every day because they are Muslim. Some signs of resolution has been shown. But not enough progress to truly defeat this discrimination. Hopefully, one day the world will come together as one and address it. 


The author's comments:

It's about Islamophobia.