Love, Affection, And PDA | Teen Ink

Love, Affection, And PDA

By CanaBean PLATINUM, Houston, Texas
CanaBean PLATINUM, Houston, Texas

Give a beggar a million dollars and he'll use it for food, but what happens after he's full...

Everyone who goes to high school knows how gross PDA can be sometimes. However many individuals get punished for PDA because of their sexuality. For instance someone is walking in a hallway at school when they see a boy and a girl making out, they are either grossed out or they just ignore it. However when a gay couple is seen showing PDA in front of the student body they get in trouble by the faculty and are ridiculed by their fellow classmates. Now I understand that not all schools go by this. But it has been brought to my attention that my school does. It’s time for you to decide. Leave a comment answering these questions and tell me your story. Would you be grossed out if you saw a gay couple kissing? Are you grossed out when you see a straight couple kissing? Should schools allow Public Display of Affection or Not?

theresa77 BRONZE, Gothenburg, Nebraska
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
My school did the same thing last year.  The people targeted more were the gays and to me i think it was unfair.  I am fine with gay couples kissing and same with straights. But I also think we can save our "kissing time" for outside of school to keep down the problems it brings to us like this one.