So Tired of Looking for Acceptence | Teen Ink

So Tired of Looking for Acceptence

By EmilytheAuthor DIAMOND, St. Francisville, Louisiana
EmilytheAuthor DIAMOND, St. Francisville, Louisiana

Be who you are and say what you feel because those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind. -dr. seuss

Monday, August 31, 2009
Have you ever felt sick of trying, sick of failure? It seems like no matter how many variables you plug into your equation, you get the same results. No matter how much you try to change, the world looks at you the same as it always did.
Put a pair of heels, a new dress, and some make-up on a geek, people will be attracted to the flashy new toy, but soon will remember how much they dislike you. You bite your tongue, hold back your sarcasm and intellect, and even try out some small talk, but it is all for naught. Your hopes are raised cruelly for a millisecond, then its all down in flames.
I'm so tired of being laughed at, rude comments, and mean people. High School isn't just an educational system in regards to facts and books, high school teaches you what to expect from the world. People encourage you to be an individual, but the moment you spread your wings, the moment you swim against the tide, someone comes up to clip your wings and tie you to an anchor.
I'm so exhausted from this stupid battle for myself, tired of hypocrites, judgements, and people talking from both sides of their mouths. But what can I do about it? I'm a part of the problem, just as cruel and judgemental as the rest of humanity. No matter how hard I try, I can't figure out how to be the solution.

Anti-Conformity. Pensive. Moody. Smart-aleck. Fangirl. Nerd, geek, dork, etc. These are just a few words to describe the girl known as Emily. If you like my work, comment. If not, comment anyways.

JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

"Freedom is the ability to not care what the other person thinks."

"Not all those who wander are lost" --JRR Tolkien

"When you are listening to music it is better to cover your eyes than your ears." --Jose' Bergamin

look if others can't like what they see don't try to make them. you are a really talented writer:D

amondal SILVER said...
on Mar. 27 2011 at 9:59 am
amondal SILVER, King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
I just started reading your work, and just from reading one, I had to go through the rest. You are an AMAZING writer, Emily. Don't take the hate from other students....you have the ability to express your thoughts in words, which they can't do...good job :)

MellieM said...

this is really good, though "acceptence" is spelled with an  "Ance" at the end, not e.

loved it!!! write even more!!! :)

hrf1434 GOLD said...
hrf1434 GOLD, Collierville, Tennessee

Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover

Like you my school is out of contol I hate it I'm known as weird, fat, ugly, you name it and I know I'm just as judgement so why we just get along 

Some times I think we would all get along if we couldn't speak

kennedy_rowzz SILVER, Sterling Heights, Michigan

"we can never truly know who we are"-afi

I totaly understand what your saying you did a great job on this piece

<3

guitarist27 GOLD, Christiana, Pennsylvania

If we don't open our eyes now and see all of his lies, our eyes will never open again.

well thats exactly it. all you need is just one person to call friend and you can express yourself to, you'll be fine. Just ignore all those other people C:

smalltownwrite210, Apex, North Carolina
Ive always had the same problem. Because peole always think of you in a billion different ways when theyre usually wrong. But if you find some friends (even if its just one person) whos really cool and you can express yourself then youll be ok. It suprised me, but there actually are some really reallly cool people out there! u just need to find them.

In my honest to god opinion, people that make fun of you are just people that are putting you down to maek themselves feel better because they think bad of themself. They also want attention, and if everyone makes fun of you, they're just trying to fit in. And if they make fun of you and show that it's effecting you, they wont stop. If you flip out over it, that's what they want you to do. If you keep calm about it, it will eventually stop. Trust me. It'll work C:

Emmalee SILVER said...
Emmalee SILVER, Rayville, Louisiana

Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

There is no solution. I'm sorry to be the bear of bad news. =/ We live, regardless.

Reply to write24/7/365

i'm actually not popular, merely a yankee geek dealing wit a small southeren school. -Emily the Author

wordweaver96 PLATINUM, Winchester, Kentucky

" It is not our abilities but our choices that show who we truly are. "
Albus Dumbledore

See, we really DON'T have anything to fear but fear itself!

i take it you're popular. because that just doesn't happen. a select few accept you.

priscilla kirk, Hindsville, Arkansas
awww i like this one

at004 said...
this was really good and so true

XxKathy1111xX SILVER, N/a, New York

follow me long enough and you'll end up on a field hockey field.

i totally get it. like i try to fit in everywhere.

but why should others be judged on their weight or their hair or their looks. its so duumb....

I somewhat know what you feel like, I once too didn't feel like I fit in. I moved to another state and the first day I pretty much sat at a table by myself. Then I started being like everyone else and I had some friends, but the thing was they didn't like me for who I was, so it took a while since I became myself. But sooner or later I had real friends who liked me for who I was.

S.K. said...
Act yourself and eventually you will find people who accept you for who you are.

nolongerinuse SILVER, San Antonio, Texas

“Love has no desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving.” - Kahlil Gibran

I've been judged since 1rst grade, from the way I acted at first and eventually from the way I dressed as well. I have been very lucky to have parents who have sent me to charter schools my entire lif, only once do I recall going to a "normal" one and it sucked. I even went to a charter high school, and it was not my fav but was better than others. You might want to try these out yourself, they aren't special ed or anything and they aren't all private schools. You should look some up in your area. I have been judged not necessarily less, but better in these schools than any other. :)

P.S. I like your style.

Razzmatazz BRONZE, Findlay, Ohio
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! life is just one big failure after another. There is really no way to deal with this by ourselves. I know this sounds cliche, but God is the way I survive high school.  Jesus , is literally the best friend you will ever have. Forget the crazy religous hypocrits. God wants to help you through all of that, He's daily helping me!

hi, im amber.

and i wanted to post a comment on ur articale, saying that it doesn't matter what others think of u! trust me! ive been through the same thing! and im stil going through it. im only 16. so yeah. but i did the wrong thing and ran away from it all and became homeschooled. i thought that becomin homeschooled would make me feel better. but it didn't. i became lonely. i think you should just be ur self. dress the way u wanna dress. and act the way u act. not the way u WANT people to look at u!