Beauty Brands That Promote LGBTQ | Teen Ink

Beauty Brands That Promote LGBTQ

December 8, 2020
By Jay_Zebra BRONZE, Chiang Rai, Other
Jay_Zebra BRONZE, Chiang Rai, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

In the past, gender was restricted only to males and females. However in this era, many things have changed evidently. There are not only male and female anymore. The diversity of the sexes are more acceptable in our society.

What Is LGBTQ?
Have you ever heard about LGBTQ? LGBTQ is the abbreviation of diverse sexes. These people are living with us in society peacefully.

L refers to Lesbian.

G refers to Gay.

B refers to Bisexuals.

T refers to Transgender.

Q refers to Queer.

The Beginning Of The Pride
Throwback to the mid-twentieth, being gay was discriminated against, unacceptable, and unsafe. Some reports said that the US government had laid a hundred of the LGBTQ soldiers and government employees off from the offices. In June 1963, the Stonewall riots in New York happened. The collision between the police and gays fighting for their rights started for the first time in US history. After this great situation ended, people see more importance of the LGBTQ globally. Consequently, LGBTQ people will celebrate through the enormous parades in many cities around the world in June annually.

Nowadays, not only people but also a tremendous number of companies around the world are paying more attention to LGBTQ people. Many beauty companies are proudly promoting and supporting LGBTQ through an abundance of fabulous products. They are creating beauty products or collections for all LGBTQ people specifically. Also, their benefits from the selling of these products are donated to LGBTQ supportive charities and organizations.

Pride Burt’s Bees Rainbow Assorted Lip Balm

Name of the company: Burt’s Bees

From: Maine, United States of America

Donate to: The Gay Lesbian and Straight Education Network [GLSE]

Price: $17

Burt’s Bees was established in 1984 in Maine by Burt Shavitz and Roxanne Quimby. The company manufactures natural skincare without harsh chemicals mostly. Burt’s Bees created a precious LGBTQ rainbow Lip Balm collection and, one tube is purchased every 3 seconds. Furthermore, the company decided to donate the profits to The Gay Lesbian and Straight Education Network [GLSE], a non-profit organization keeping the LGBTQ Community safe.

Website of GLSE: glsen.org/

Milk Makeup Limited Edition Pride Pack

Name of the company: Milk Makeup

From: New York, United States of America

Donate to: The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center (The Center)

Price: $28

Milk Makeup is the company of cosmetics, skincare, and beauty in New York. It was founded in 2014 by the founders of Milk Studios. The company declared that their products are mostly for vegans, also mentioned to support the LGBTQ. Milk Makeup created the collection “Milk Makeup Limited Edition Pride Pack” which includes Gloss Lipstick and a tattoo liner. 50 percent of the benefits were donated for The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center (The Center) in New York.

Websites of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center (The Center): gaycenter.org/

Kush Queen Pride Bath Bomb

Name of the company: Kush Queen

From: California, United States of America

Donate for: Asylum Connect

Price: $13

The company was founded by Olivia Alexander in 2015. The most well-known beauty product of Kush Queen is the bath bomb. Kush Queen has released the 'Kush Queen Pride Bath Bomb' for LGBTQ people especially. The dominant features of this product are made from natural colors, organic fragrance oils, and a few of marijuana mixtures. Moreover, Kush Queen donated their benefits to Asylum Connect, a non-profit that actively provides support and refuge for the LGBTQ+ community.

Website of Asylum Connect: asylumconnect.org/

Make Up For Ever Artist Color Pencil

Name of the company: Make Up For Ever

From: France

Donate for: Hetrick-Martin Institution of New York

Price: $18

In 1984, Dany Sanz, a former Fine Arts student, established Make Up For Ever in France. There are over twenty makeup types. Besides, they created Make Up For Ever Artist Color Pencil. They made all 39 colors of makeup pencil. Also, this collection supported the Hetrick-Martin Institution of New York. This organization supports LGBTQ youth.

Website of Hetrick-Martin Institution of New York: hmi.org/

REALHER Eye Am Outstanding

Name of the company: REALHER

From: California, United States of America

Donate for: LGBTQ Center Orange County

Price: $16

The story of REALHER is cherished, started after the birth of Bill Xiang's daughter, Yarie. Bill Xiang attempted to research the best way to raise his daughter until he could do it successfully. He said:

“I wanted to do whatever I could to make as much of a difference as possible, to help more women. I wanted to build a brand to inspire women to be independent, successful, and fulfilled.”

Recently, the company released the LGBTQ eyeliner 'REALHER Eye Am Outstanding'. Moreover, twenty percent of the benefits were donated to the project LGBT Center of Orange County.

Website of LGBT Center of Orange County: lgbtqcenteroc.org/

Kiehls Just Like Us Ultra Facial Cream

Name of the company: Kiehl's

From: New York, United States of America

Donate for: LGBT+ school communities

Price: about $35

Kiehls is a luxury skincare band. During 2018, numerous articles across print, online, and social media in the UK mentioned this beauty brand virally. This beauty brand was founded in Manhattan, by John Kiehl, in 1851. Most of the products are personal care. There were 65 stores in the USA, and 400 stores worldwide in 2005. Kiehls opened the new LGBT facial cream “Kiehl's Just Like Us.” Moreover, the company donated £10 for every pot sold of their limited edition version.

Batiste Love Is Love Dry Shampoo

Name of the company: Batiste

From: New Jersey, United States of America

Donate for: LGBT Foundation

Price: about $2.50

It is one of many world-famous dry shampoos that sells on the racks in the superstores. Batiste was founded in and owned by Church & Dwight. In addition, it is the best overall, according to Birdie in 2020. Batiste had launched the Pride edition of dry shampoo. They named this LGBTQ product adorably “Love is Love”. They donated to the LGBT Foundation, a national charity based in Manchester with a wide portfolio of services.

Website of LGBT Foundation: lgbt.foundation/

Rikki Skinny Pride 2020 Limited Edition

Name of the company: Glamcor

From: New York, United States of America

Donate for: The Trevor Project

Price: Sold out.

Glamcor is the one best mirror industry that has had a role in supporting LGBTQ. They released Rikki Skinny Pride 2020 Limited Edition. The mirror has Neon light and a 3x magnifying mirror to assure all perfect makeup for every vanity. Moreover, Forty percent of the proceeds were donated to The Trevor Project, the LGBT non-profit organization.

Website of The Trevor Project: thetrevorproject.org/


The author's comments:

LGBTQ is the symbol of diverse genders. These are some beauty bands that support LGBTQ organizations.