This Is Democracy | Teen Ink

This Is Democracy

By nhurst2021 SILVER, Defiacne, Ohio
nhurst2021 SILVER, Defiacne, Ohio

The writing titled “This is Democracy” written by Odessa G. was weird. Her writing about Democracy and Trump left me feeling annoyed and disappointed. The article started off talking about “what democracy looks like.” What she calls democracy, I call freedom of speech. Democracy, in my opinion, is the ability for someone, no matter what his or her political or personal background is, to be able to vote for what he or she thinks is best without any negative consequences. Also she talks about wearing a “white rose pin” when Trump was elected and talks about how the Jews wore it when Hitler rose to power in Germany.  I feel it is very wrong to compare someone to one of the world’s worst dictators ever. Trump has said and done some things that are certainly not the best, but he has definitely not done anything bad enough to even be slightly compared to Hitler.

What inspired me to right this piece was how the author was talking about what democracy is and the way she was talking about trump.