Point and Shoot | Teen Ink

Point and Shoot

October 11, 2016
By avacatherine BRONZE, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
avacatherine BRONZE, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Vamika Sinha’s article “Point and Shoot” really made me think about the world, not only America but everywhere. Vamika explained the many different things that are going on in our world that just happen through a social media site. Like when she lists out the different words you get from people that you may not even know. She really does a great job at explaining what life is like nowadays when she says  “each day you unwrap a stream of new presents with all the urgency of a morning coffee fix. Your thumbs always slightly bent from the effort, but your ego is well-massaged by 8 a..m..” She does an amazing job of giving you an idea of you being the person standing in a coffee shop just waiting for your hot coffee while texting a friend.
So what I read first in this article has made me have a whole different way of life and thinking on life. In no way am I trying to say phones shouldn’t be around, i just think that people should realize what a reputation they can get if all they do is play on social media and aren’t in control of what they have out on the internet.
There are sometimes when I am having a nice conversation with someone I have never met or maybe a friend I have not seen in a while, and it’s only been 5 minutes that we’ve been talking and I hear a text tone and hope they will leave the message alone but they pull their phone out and the conversation is over. I think what the author is trying to tell people is that social media is taking over and there are so many people in our world that just wish it would go away sometimes, so people could realize what the real world is like.