Concerning Rejected Articles | Teen Ink

Concerning Rejected Articles

May 9, 2015
By RightWingExtremist BRONZE, Riverton, Utah
RightWingExtremist BRONZE, Riverton, Utah
4 articles 0 photos 40 comments

Favorite Quote:
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
-Ronald Reagan



Dear Ma’am or Sir,

 

I run under the assumption that you are the one (or most likely one of many) who checks articles for grammatical correctness, and makes sure there is no offensive language in submitted articles. I write because I have a few questions regarding the editorial process, and specifically what gets an article rejected. I ask because whenever my articles are rejected for posting on the site, I simply get a template saying what issues my article may have had, but there are no specifics as to what I did wrong (or simply didn’t do right). This creates ambiguity for me (and I assume others whose articles are rejected) as to what I did or did not do right or wrong. Instead because of this since I have nothing to go on as how to improve my article, it forces me to start from scratch. All I ask for is more specifics as to what did or did not do to have my article unfit for posting so that instead of wasting time trying to figure out what I did or did not do, I can take your advice and improve my article to Teen Ink standards. If I could get a reply, that would satisfy my curiosity.

 

                                                       Sincerely,

                                                     RightWingExtremist


The author's comments:

Just a few questions regarding what makes or breaks an article