E-books Vs. Printed Books | Teen Ink

E-books Vs. Printed Books

February 18, 2015
By Trackislife45 BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Trackislife45 BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Enjoy reading books while you can. E-books and other tablets are taking over in that department. Isabel and Brandon both have their opinions on this matter in their editorials.
Isabel supports printed books and thinks e-books are a waste of money. She states that, “Dropping a device or spilling water on it could be the end of your e-reader.” To support printed books Isabel explains that, “If you drop a book, all you have to do is pick up and continue to read.” These two quotes mean that e-books are fragile and are waterproof;printed books are not fragile and if you spill water on a printed book the pages will dry.
Brandon on the other hand likes e-books and thinks books are a waste of trees.He states that, “E-books don’t require paper because you download them on to your e-reader.” This statement explains that e-books do not use paper which helps the environment because paper is made of trees. Then he said “The best part is that you can do it from your home or pretty much anywhere.” What Brandon means in this quote is that you can shop for e-books online without having to go anywhere.
Although Isabel and Brandon do not see eye to eye about e-books and printed books; there are examples they both us. They both said that e-books and printed books are portable. You can take both printed books and e-books pretty much wherever you go. For example, If you are traveling both e-books and printed books will fit in your bag.
Ergo in conclusion e-books are becoming more popular and printed books are becoming less popular. Isabel and Brandon both have their own opinion in this debate. In my opinion we need both e-books and printed books. They are both important because e-books are lighter and not heavy but with printed books you don’t have to worry about the battery dying.