On the run | Teen Ink

On the run

By Ultimate-Taco-Supreme BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Ultimate-Taco-Supreme BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

"Where there is love, there is life."- Mahatma Gandhi
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."- Martin Luther King

Much applause goes to Olivia Wandres for her article," On the run" which tell the tragic tale of a hit-and-run incident Halloween, it's a story that from the  get-go is able to grab the readers attention and do a fantastic job of not letting it go. The beginning paragraph does a wonderful job of captivating my attention, sentences like "... I still hear her scream" and " I haven't slept in three days" compels me to keep reading in order to find out what exactly happended. As the story progressed I couldn't help but feel mixed emotions such as sadness from when the protagonist lost her friend and chills from the manner in which she died. While reading I was able to draw an image in my mind of what was going on in the story from the images that were presented. I congratulate Olivia for writing such a compelling and gripping tale that keep me in suspense throughout the whole story.