Vicious Hunger | Teen Ink

Vicious Hunger

November 21, 2013
By bookgirl89 BRONZE, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
bookgirl89 BRONZE, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“Vicious Hunger” is a work of art. The author uses language like “The smells came from all directions, invading all comprehensible thoughts until they blended into a single feeling: hunger.” The reason that I chose this piece is that it grabs my attention at a point that makes me thirst for more of the story. I enjoy the reading because it is a combination of my favorite things like the sentence “Then I sunk my canines into the cow’s flesh, all that was left when I was finished was a hoof.” Some people may think that is disturbing in some ways but I find it an amazing piece of writing because of the language and the image that it creates. It does not bother me because I have read many, many, books about blood and death. I really enjoyed the line “ My throat burned with hunger and thirst, and my stomach churned in anticipation.” It tells what she is enduring when she is looking at the cow and the hunger she must be feeling. I think that people who love gruesome or scary books would really enjoy this piece because it holds the reader’s attention and creates images as you read.