In the Bathroom | Teen Ink

In the Bathroom

Martin paints a impressibly mature and though-provoking picture in his essay "In the Bathroom". For those who literally picture everything presented to them, like myself, the fact that the majority of his essay takes place in the bathroom isn't very appeasing. Nevertheless, the idea of his piece is very important: thinking. Whether it be in your room, outside under a tree, or even in the bathroom (as Martin chose), taking time to sit back and analyze us necessary to maintain a balanced life. His choice, being the bathroom, due to its pure privacy and undisturbed silence, works well when he needs to contemplate serious decisions, his future, his perspective on current circumstances, or truly anything worth thinking about for that matter. We all need to follow Martin, not necessarily to the bathroom, but to a place undistracted by the shallow fishies of life, to avoid a destructively fast pace life. Admirably, i thank you Martin for sharing with us a very important lesson to learn, details and all. Much appreciated.