Why isn't Teen Ink published during July or August? | Teen Ink

Why isn't Teen Ink published during July or August?

By Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California
Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California

“I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on, So I put one foot front of the other, No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride, “ –David Archuleta (The Other Side of Down)

I have noticed that Teen Ink only publishes ten issues of the magazine each year. Why not publish issues of the magazine during July or August? With so many teen writers submitting articles everyday, publishing more issues would give more writers the chance to have their work published. Also, with all the schoolwork and many other commitments that teens have to juggle during the school year it is likely that the summer is the time when teens are most productive with their writing. Having the magazine published for the other two months of summer would help give teens more of an incentive to write and in general be more productive during the summer. In addition, you would be offering them a better activity to counteract boredom than watching tv or going on the internet. I also think this would provide teens with the option to read new articles during the summer without having to strain their eyes while looking at their computer screens or iphones. This would be a huge benefit to both readers and writers. So I ask you Teen Ink editors to please consider this idea.

chocolatina PLATINUM, Northbrook, Illinois

"God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers."

agreed. should publish july and august

juliacoccaro SILVER, Spanish Fort, Alabama

"I'd sell you to Satan for one corn chip."

I agree. Even two more issues can make a HUGE difference. That's SO many more works of writing that can be published and that can make someone's day!

jlsnchz BRONZE said...
jlsnchz BRONZE, Cleveland, Tennessee
Agree.