Rate And Comment, Please | Teen Ink

Rate And Comment, Please MAG

By pandagirl312 GOLD, Leawood, Kansas
pandagirl312 GOLD, Leawood, Kansas

Rating and commenting are two incredibly effective ways to provide feedback about articles and artwork posted on TeenInk.com. You can rate a piece from one to five stars, and give your opinion and ideas to the creator in the comments section. These are great ways we can help one another improve our writing … except for the fact that they are rarely used.

My most-viewed piece has 71 views. It also has three comments and four ratings. That means that at least 64 people read it and then moved on. Don't get me wrong – I'm thrilled 71 people looked at my poem. But when we have such profound outlets that can help us as writers, why aren't they being utilized to their full potential?

pandagirl312 GOLD, Leawood, Kansas
Thanks for the feedback! :)

on Jun. 24 2013 at 7:04 am
beautifulspirit PLATINUM, Alpharetta, Georgia

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Yeah I get what you mean. I know that there are a lot of other writers out there with their own work too, but I wish that more would comment. I want to know if I need to improve or change something or if someone really liked my work. Commenting and rating helps the writer improve and grow as an artist.

pandagirl312 GOLD, Leawood, Kansas
I agree with what you said too. Thanks for all of these comments! :)

ChobaniLuvinPenguin PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well."
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

Again, I totally agree with you. Hopefully, this article will influence others to rate and comment people's work more. It really is important to give feedback, because it not only shows that you care, but it helps the author of the piece and the person giving feedback to grow as a writer. Thank you for bringing this point up. I think you have many strong views that are just dying to come out, so keep writing! You have a gift!

pandagirl312 GOLD, Leawood, Kansas
Thanks! :)

cayaTW PLATINUM, Yuma, Arizona

Those who forget history will often repeat it

that's true