Feedback to Poem | Teen Ink

Feedback to Poem

By Carlos Villar BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
Carlos Villar BRONZE, Denver, Colorado

The poem, “A Show for the World to See,” by Jessica Kalin was a really good poem because of many reasons. The poem talks about people who control others and can’t find a way to let themselves escape their masters. She refers to her character as a puppet and that is a really good metaphor to represent the control of her character by someone else. People can get a lot of good advice from this poem because it shows how life can be if you are controlled by or depend on someone else. The good I got from this poem was that I don’t want to depend on someone else to control me because I want to be myself and not what someone else wants me to be.
Also, I really like the way she set up her poem because it made the poem so much more interesting. Each stanza had six lines but four lines described different problems and the last two lines were two words that were very similar to each other and made the poem clearer and more interesting. It was a really good poem because people can get so much good from it and they can see that being controlled by someone else cam lead to many problems.