Israel VS. Hamas and the ridiculous aftermath in the US | Teen Ink

Israel VS. Hamas and the ridiculous aftermath in the US

By Titan_Sanchez SILVER, Palm Bay, Florida
Titan_Sanchez SILVER, Palm Bay, Florida

In regards to the 2023 Israel-Hamas conflict, the situation that is currently ongoing is expected, however, the protests overtaking the media are ridiculous. Evident by a Professor from Cornell University who called the Hamas attack “exhilarating, energizing”. It’s clear in the US Immigration law that anyone who “endorses or espouses terrorist activity or persuades others to endorse or espouse terrorist activity or support a terrorist organization” is prohibited in the United States. Therefore, It makes sense for Senator Tom Cotton to demand the immediate deportation of foreign nationals since “they have expressed support for Hamas” (who is considered a terrorist organization by several nations), and for President Biden to take notice of Harvard University. More than 200 students signed a letter blaming Israel for the mass slaughter of its people by Hamas terrorists. More specifically, it states that millions of Palestinians in Gaza have been “forced to live in an open-air prison” and they called on Harvard to “take action to stop the ongoing annihilation of Palestinians.” Yet, it’s interesting that “Some Harvard students and their groups have since distanced themselves or withdrawn their endorsements from the statement amid an intense backlash inside and outside of Harvard'' (Thorbecke). But what isn’t grasped completely is the “rumor” of numerous decapitated infants caused by Hamas’s attacks, and also stated by Haim Abraham, a lecturer in law at University College London that “They massacred civilians at their homes. They kidnapped civilians [children], taking them hostage. All of these things are clearly war crimes.”

As the mainstream media portrays the situation, I found myself in the need to write this simple paragraph.