Feedback on | Teen Ink

Feedback on

By awild_jadestone BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
awild_jadestone BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

The title and Author of the piece I’m giving feedback on are “My Grandfather’s Voice” by Jefferey Liao from Livingston, New Jersey. Jefferey wrote a beautiful poem that captured his experiences with listening to his grandfather tell him about his stories and past, and teach him the art of words and language. It is a brilliant tribute from Jefferey with clear respect to how his grandfather shaped him to be the person he is now.

It’s clear that Jefferey took to heart everything his grandfather taught him about words, because his voice clearly resonates with artistic elegance, never wasting a breath on an unneeded phrase. His imagery transports you to his grandfather’s bedside, painting in your mind the jagged pictures of wars and scars. Jefferry’s words echo in a way that I want to eventually make mine to.

I love that Jefferey wrote this piece about an important figure in his life that helped to shape him as a person. I feel like I can relate to that in that my own grandmother often tells me stories of her past and passes to me her own skills that I value infinitely. My grandmother has aided in making me who I am today probably more than my own parents have, so I appreciate Jefferey writing this elegant piece about his grandfather.

Jefferey's piece really inspired me with his elegant word usage and vivid imagery.