Relationship as a sexual assault survivor | Teen Ink

Relationship as a sexual assault survivor

By LeslieGonzalez26 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
LeslieGonzalez26 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

I found the "Relationship as a sexual assault survivor" article extremely moving because it can open peoples minds about how a victim might feel about their situation, in the matter of being able to look forward and love someone. The victim expresses her breakthrough of finally confronting her life changing experience and being able to talk about it. In this case her past relationship with her exboyfriends have not outcomes in a way she hoped, many cheated and even ended it because of her response of not wanting to have sexual intercourse. The victim also reassures those who have dealt with sexual assault that they are not alone and they should not feel pressured to overcome it quickly especially if they are not personally ready. I truly agree with the victim to take time to self heal and to only talk about their experience when they are ready, not only that it is completely reasonable to say no when someone is putting you in a uncomfortable situation. Thank You for being able to help all sexual assult victims and being able to confront all people that even if you might have a difficult situation you are dealing with everyone is still capable of loving.