Why College Should Be Free | Teen Ink

Why College Should Be Free

By asd BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
asd BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

The writing titled “College Should Be Free,” written by “Jeb,” talks about why college should be free. His writing left me feeling surprised at the many benefits of free college. I agree with the reasons he gave for a free college, for example, when he stated, “College graduates will join the workforce, be productive members of society, and have money to spend later which keeps the economy strong.” A free college would allow for a stronger and smarter workforce. He gave another strong argument when he said, “Many other advanced countries in the world offer free tuition including Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Finland, Mexico, Brazil, and Canada. If these countries can grant free college tuition, the United States can surely do the same.” When he talked about where the money would come from he wrote in the article that taxes would increase and that the United States is the wealthiest countries in the world. He ended his article on a strong note when he wrote, “It is an investment that will result in a skilled workforce and a more active, fulfilled society.”