Don't Look At Me | Teen Ink

Don't Look At Me

January 19, 2009
By Anonymous

When I was little I had skin issues. I would get red bumps and itch every where you can imagine. It didn't bother me that much because I never thoroughly thought about my self being different. My sisters never had any problems. Neither had my brothers. I felt different. My mom semi understood how I felt. She would contenuasly tell me about her skin issues when she was young. I never believed what she said because I knew she was just trying to make me feel better about myself.
When summer came around after 8th grade I would spend about nine hours outside playing tennis. I would go inside and look in the mirror. Nothing seemed right, my face was blotted with white and tan. I looked on my arm and my leg, it was every where. I felt like a lepord. My best friend would joke to me and tell me I belong in the jungle. I would joke, but inside I was eating myself alive emotionally. When it was time for me to go to a new school I was freaking out. My skin got really bad! This wasn't like acne, it scabby,red,irritated,itchy,dry, soar. It showed up every where, seriously. I never had pimples, as a blue eyed and blonde haired girl I was pretty. My skin ruined everything for me. I hated swimming in gym class. I felt like everyone was looking at my skin. I had to stop eating wheat and dairy because my mom is some yogi freak. I had to take about sixteen different suppliments to help me. I went to five different doctors. No one could help me. All i wanted was to be cured. I had to go shopping for long sleeved clothes and wore my hair down as much as possible. I cared so much about what people thought about me. what would it matter to me, i have a wodnerful family, a best friend who could care less, and a boyfriend that didn't even notice anything. what they thought about me would never get to me after i had a long emotional talk with myself. finally i went to my sixth doctor and i realized that you can do anything to help yourself until you really want to help yourself. everything changed from then on out. believe in your self and everything will be different.