Think Before You Act. | Teen Ink

Think Before You Act.

By TKZEE GOLD, Pietermaritsburg, Other
TKZEE GOLD, Pietermaritsburg, Other

Today a future, tomorrow an emipre.

Think before you act.

So everyone is doing it nowadays, smoking, drinking and having unprotected sex. It’s cool and it’s risky and risky is guaranteed to be very sexy but think just for a minute: Isn’t all of that dangerous? Smoking causes lung cancer, drinking causes liver problems later on in life and unprotected sex... I don’t even wanna go there. So is being an old man/woman with lung cancer and liver problems who needs help going to the loo and who has AIDS cool? Just because everyone does it, doesn’t mean you have to do it. I don’t want to sound like a typical parent telling you that having fun is wrong because I also do it. I drink like a fish and I have the occasional smoke but before I do. I think, is this really worth destroying my body, is this really worth killing myself slowly for? Is it? And our last topic: Peer pressure, it all boils down to peer pressure, just because your friends do it. Do you have to do it? Are they really your friends if you think about it, would friends force you to do all of the things we both know your parents would hate? Don’t succumb to PP. You are a person of your own standing and own making, don’t let other people tell you what is cool and what isn’t. You are cool as you and not the stupid things you do just look or seem like you are the next Drake. Think before you act.  Think, is this you want, is this what you need. Think, because hell! Bill Gates thought and now look at him.

Great minds are forever thinking, so don't succumb to PP becuase you are a great mind. You do THINK.