Fats | Teen Ink

Fats

By mmpritchard SILVER, Longmont, Colorado
mmpritchard SILVER, Longmont, Colorado

Many people in this country only look at the calorie and vitamin content when they are trying to select a healthy choice. What they might forget is the fat content. The fat content plays a major role on maintaining a healthy weight. The main fat groups are saturated, trans, and unsaturated fat. The healthiest fat is always unsaturated. Trans fat and saturated fat are harder for your body to break down and actually use. Instead it just builds up until your body begins to starve and then it uses it. Foods like bacon and sausage have saturated fat. unsaturated fat is used immediately and is easier for your body to break down. So the next time you are looking at a nutrition label, look at the fat too.

pritsoft said...
Very true. I am glad that this young teen is very knowledgeable about this very important topic. She has choosen to share her knowledge with others in the hope that they will learn from it and apply it to their daily lives. Great Job!

I really liked your article because it's the kind I read in magazines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!