Dry Blistered Throats | Teen Ink

Dry Blistered Throats

She feels monster drops of perspiration inching down her forehead. So she reaches up and wipes her brow. Thirsty and wants to stop, but she keeps pushing toward her goal. She feels the beating sun scorching her skin. “Only 30 more yards, come on, finish it!” She screams inside her head. She crosses the long awaited finish line; she just ran four miles. Sweating like a pig, she reaches for her ice, cold water bottle and desperately drinks five humongous gulps, when she realizes that she has 5 minutes to change before P.E. class let out. Even though her dry throat protests, she hurries to the locker room. She finishes changing in five minutes and almost arrived late for the hour. She sits down at her desk for class with her mouth foaming as if she is rabid, her blistered throat still not giving up its protest for water, and her entire body shaking vigorously. “Ring,” the bell for the hour to end sounded. She feels horrible walking down the hallways. She feels faint, and unsteadily, stumbles sideways with her throat bleeding. She collapses and her books fly out of her hands. She sees nothing but blackness.

People’s lives can corruptly change because of this occurrence, at anytime, spring, summer, winter, and fall. After exercise, it is possible to become extremely dehydrated if you don’t replenish yourself with water. Without a doubt, I believe that students should keep water bottles throughout the year, not just in boiling hot weather, because the water intake of the students will exceptionally enhance their performance. Furthermore, pupils who contribute to sports, not just for school, require water available, at anytime, at their desks to hydrate themselves. In addition, this will also not bother the teachers as much because they will not perpetually sign annoying agenda books to the water fountain. To confirm this, Shawna Walker testifies that thirty percent of Americans drink enough water a day. (www.associatedcontent.com
/article/339858/Americans_do_not_drink_enough_water¬_a_day.) If we enforce students to make the vile habit of drinking enough water now, hopefully the percentage will ascend over the years if this follows through.

Another reason, drinking water year round at school flushes away wastes. Testifying this, Mr. Ewy, the new assistant principal, proclaims that if your urine appears to be a sallow color, that means you drank enough water, but if it’s bright yellow, you’re dehydrated. Bearing this out, students who become easily constipated, need to reach enough water to help them with their problem. This will help them feel better about themselves, and may pay off in their grades.

Lastly, a water bottle containing water on a desk at school can help prevent sickness. At school, kids roam around drinking out of water fountains during passing period. When they drink some water, they might actually put their mouth on the piece where water runs through. Sick people who do that might make the next person who drinks out of the fountain catch that sickness. Keeping a water bottle will not make kids take the time to travel to the water fountain where germs cling to. Summing it up, they won’t become dehydrated and won’t pass out during school or anywhere else; effecting the school day, which will continue on without any dilemma.
Making a habit of drinking enough water everyday is crucial and will make healthier and more responsible adults. Just thinking about passing out because of dehydration makes me shiver, wondering what it feels like. Taking a vow, I never plan to faint because of this reason. Not only will water bottles help students’, including my own, health improve year round, it might actually just help them better in school by not getting sick, flushing away their wastes, and maintaining their health for exercise.