Painful Love? | Teen Ink

Painful Love?

By EmoLovingHer PLATINUM, Caledonia, Mississippi
EmoLovingHer PLATINUM, Caledonia, Mississippi

If you judge a fish on it's ability to climb a tree; it will spend it's whole life thinking it's stupid. -Albert Einstein

Picture it, a young girl is walking home from her boyfriend's house with a bruised wrist and a bloody nose. She was beaten by her boyfriend of two months and she is completely terrified. She blames herself for what he did to her. Now picture this, what is that girl was you? What would you do if a guy had manhandled you? Most say that they would dump the abuser or that they would report it; Well that doesn't happen to most cases. Many people are to horrified to tell about the abuse until it's too late. Most teenage girls will go as far as to hide all of the brusies and not tell anyone. I've actually had a friend who opened up to me. The details were horribly graphic. She says, "He beat me for three months. He broke my nose, two ribs, and busted my lip open several times." When I had asked why she hadn't told me or how did her mom not notice, her reply was simply, "I was too ashamed to tell, I felt it was my fault that he hit me. My mom didn't know because I told her that I fell a few times." My friend's story is one that should be told to every female and/or male that it possubly can be told to. No one should have to put up with abuse, no matter what age, race, or gender they are.