Bones, Brains, and Breakfast | Teen Ink

Bones, Brains, and Breakfast

By Halo-There SILVER, Ravenswood, West Virginia
Halo-There SILVER, Ravenswood, West Virginia

Life might be unfair, but the coffee is half decent

“What do you mean Mel didn’t have breakfast this morning?!It’s the most important meal of the day!” I said to Coach Heart as he told me that Mel, the girl that I was supporting, didn’t have breakfast this morning. Here’s why I marrowed out about this.

First of all, breakfast supports and hands out nutrience and vitamins to all of use, Dr. Brain, Coach Heart and I, Bones. If you drink dairy products like milk, unlike un-creamed coffee, it’ll supply you with calcium to make my bud, Mr. Muscles and I strong and supportive. Also, many HEALTHY foods contain vitamins to get you throughout the day without drooling half-asleep on your school desk. (Sorry, Dr. Brains! You know I’ve got to tease someone!)

Furthermore, It’ll make you (and Dr. Brain) become more focused and alert. Minerals found in fruits and dairy can perk you up longer than those horrid energy drinks! (I should know, Mel makes us go on those roller-coasters everyday! Ugh, makes my femurs hurt.) They supply long lasting energy that can get you to lunch, Science, Math, and my favorite, Health.

Lastly, you are what you eat in the morning. If you drink energy drinks or lots of caffeine, you’ll become a horrible, up and down roller-coaster! But, on the other phalanges, if you take in healthy foods you’ll be as balanced as Hawaii! (Oh man, I just made myself giggle! I love Hawaii! Especially coconuts! They’re milk is 10x as better for me than cow milk. More calcium= Stronger me!)

As you can see, breakfast IS the most important meal of the day. Not just for you, but for all of us in your body. Hey look, Mel IS eating breakfast. Now she’ll be full of energy, less crabby, and most importantly, she won’t be hungry! Yay!

Please get from this that you SHOULD eat breakfast. This is for the breakfast week in Ravenswood.

Omg. thank you! I did my best and I'm glad that I've changed your perspective on eating breakfast.

OMG! I used to NVER eat breakfast, but now...AWSOMEE!!