Reduce Stress | Teen Ink

Reduce Stress

By szulc12 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
szulc12 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

It is easy to succumb to stress with all the activities high school students are preoccupied with throughout the day. Between sports, clubs, work, and homework, there is hardly enough time in the day. Work and schoolwork are the main harbingers of stress. At some point everyone has experienced stress, whether it being with homework, a sport, or a job.

Try to find a remote location free of distractions. This will allow you to get work done at a faster pace and at a better quality.

Take a respite and give yourself a chance to breath. Deep breathing can be helpful. If sense stress coming on, take five deep breaths.

Tell the truth! If you’re honest, then you will not have to worry about someone finding out. It will also show respect, which will be taken kindly by teachers and employers.

Do not try to be ubiquitous. It is not possible to be everyone at once, so do not act like you have to.

Listen to music. It can help tune out what seems like reverberating sounds, from a clock ticking to your younger siblings running around downstairs.

Try to be proactive. Get assignments done early in order leave room for error. Sometimes it seems as if time is trying to thwart your efforts of finishing projects and homework, but if you start doing things early and getting them done ahead of schedule, you will save yourself anxiety.

Ask friends and family for support. Although stress may seem malignant, it most likely will not kill you. Your friends and family can work you through your stress and help you finish what needs to be done on time.

Be patient! Do not be fretful. Take your time and get your work done well. If you’re impatient and rushing, you will make mistakes and accumulate more stress.

Stay positive. Stress can be excruciating with a negative attitude and you will get gray hairs at a young age. If you can keep a positive outlook on a hard task, it will most likely get better.

Take care of yourself. Eat healthy, exercise, and get the proper amount of sleep.

Don’t let stress get the best of you. There are ways to beat it so do not give up!