The Greatest Threat | Teen Ink

The Greatest Threat

By sydneykurtz GOLD, Battle Creek, Michigan
sydneykurtz GOLD, Battle Creek, Michigan

"I don't want to survive. I want to live."

This is what is so awful about our minds; they are so powerful. They control our every word we say, move we make, but the most dangerous of all, they control our thoughts. Our minds can ruin a perfect day in a second if we let it. If we fall into it's trap, it's sorcery, we become hypnotized and get played by our own minds. We are the puppets and our minds are the puppeteer. Swayed to believe everything we think, we become the pawn in the game that our mind will always win. 

Ironically, growing up we were only taught that the strongest weapons are firearms or even words. We ran drills, practiced kindess to prepare ourselves for the most unfortunate situations, however there is no way to prepare to face the danger that is one's mind. With a little bit of maturity and even just the smallest taste of social media, it is clear that the greatest threat comes from within. Deep beneath the surface, hiding. Waiting to strike and completly and utterly wreck a person from the inside out. The worst part of this, the destruction comes from the victim of the attack. 

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

The universe must be a teenage girl. So much darkness, so many stars.
--me

Eloquent, and so truthful.