Breath | Teen Ink

Breath

By iWrite GOLD, Oneonta, New York
iWrite GOLD, Oneonta, New York

Breath in breath out. Breath in, breath out. This was all I could do to keep from crying. Breath in, breath out. I can't cry, not here, not now, not in front of him. Breath in, breath out.

I'm so confused, I don't know who is right or wrong, I don't know how to feel. I don't want to cry, I know there is no reason. He loves me, but I can't help but wonder.

No. No more wondering. Thinking does nothing but screw me over. It's time to just turn off my brain, to focus on breathing and testing to see how deep i can bite into my lip without making it bleed. Breath in, breath out.

I saw him doing something, but i didn't look. No wondering, just breathing. My tactics were doing a fine job; i had gotten myself in control again. Just staring at the desk and breathing.

For the entire period i did this. Staring, breathing, and chewing. I was called on a few times, thankfully while still in control. I did what i needed to and turned my brain off again.

I wanted to look at him, to tell him my worries. I wanted him to tell me that it would never happen, that he'll love me forever. but if i did t hat I would break down again and I can't allow that. He can't see, not now

The clock said we had two minutes left. I felt a very warm hand on my shoulder. He smiled at me a little and i returned it half-heatedly. However i was starting to lose my composure again. Breath in, breath out.

"What's wrong?" he asked. Breath in, breath out.

"Nothing." He frowned.

"That's not true, something is wrong."

"It's nothing, I’m just a little stressed out." I smiled again, hoping to reassure him. He didn't buy it but didn't question me further.

When the bell rang we walked to his class silently. We stopped by the wall and he pulled me into his chest.

Breath in, breath out.

I was breathing in his scent, nuzzling my nose against his soft neck. This is what i needed right now; the feeling of his embrace, the smell of his skin, and the sound of his breathing. I didn't want to go, didn't want him to go.

Breath in, breath out. I was losing my composure again but it was alright, I had him.

"I love you," he said, giving me a kiss."

"I love you too," I whispered, and for a moment, i thought maybe everything would be alright

wondering GOLD said...
wondering GOLD, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
wow this rocks!!!!!!!!!!!! keep writing!!!!!!!

write4life GOLD, Macon, Georgia
I loved this!! and although spelling and grammar errors usually drive me CRAZY (i'm just OCD like that:]), in this case it kind of enhances the story. it shows that you were writing how you really felt and not trying to be a perfectionist. the mistakes illustrate perfection in its purest form.

iWrite GOLD said...
iWrite GOLD, Oneonta, New York
I am aware that there are a ton of grammar and spelling errors. I typed it to someone on AIM and copy and pasted... so I know they're there... just thought I'd mention that