The Knife | Teen Ink

The Knife

March 28, 2009
By Escaped GOLD, Litchfield, Illinois
Escaped GOLD, Litchfield, Illinois
19 articles 0 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Lets go make daisy chains in the grass, but only if its 74 degrees or above. I would like to fall in love with you." (:


There are so many things she could have accomplished with that knife.
She could have pierced her wrist for the first time; imagined the blood was flowing from someone else. She could have killed her brother, but that would be unfair... Honestly was it his fault his screams of agony made her sanity dissapear? No, it was n't. Though..with that knife she could have taken her own life. That was fair, right? She nodded to herself, her breathing pattern skipped every half of a second. As she raised the gleaming blade above her neck Sagar's-her love- smile had came to mind and she shattered into tears, broke weak in her knees. With that knife she could have lost the very reason she lived. Instead, she sharpened a pencil, bleed her heart on the page, and slid the knife back into the drawer...


The author's comments:
I wrote this one night when I was insanely close to sucide. And then, of course, thought of the man I loved. You see, wriing has its own way of healing. Venting they call it but I see it as an unknown medication to the soul. It saved my life, never forget that it can save yours, too. When you have a difficult situation, I hope you chose the pencil-instead of the sword. Or knife in this situation lol.