The Benefits Of Marijuana | Teen Ink

The Benefits Of Marijuana

By brenda-micaela BRONZE, Stafford, Virginia
brenda-micaela BRONZE, Stafford, Virginia

Dear reader, Legalizing marijuana could have many benefits for depression. Many people claim that marijuana is a gateway drug but never take the time to realize that it might actually be helpful to some teenagers. For instance, many teenagers, also myself, deal with depression. A lot of the time depression starts to hit when you are alone in your room, with nothing but your thoughts and the four walls surrounding you. At first you feel that you can fight it but at the end, depression wins. I know many teenagers who use medical marijuana to help numb all the pain and thoughts of not feeling good enough or being a failure at everything you do. According to Healthline, “ Scientists at the University at Buffalo have begun looking into medicinal marijuana as a possible treatment for depression caused by chronic stress. “ ( “Can Medical Marijuana Treat Depression?”)

Not only does marijuana help with depression, it also helps with anxiety. Many say that if you have anxiety, to talk to someone or breathe and count to 10  instead of resorting to drugs but there are times when it is only you with all of your thoughts attacking you all at once. Marijuana can help calm you down before it gets worse. In my opinion i personally think marijuana helps with my anxiety. Whenever i would feel that i had even the slightest bit of anxiety i would smoke marijuana to help me calm down. Marijuana doesn’t make you hallucinate or make you feel uneasy, it simply makes you feel more enlightened. In some states marijuana is actually used as a medicine. In conclusion, marijuana is more beneficial than many might think.