Trumped Up Accusations? | Teen Ink

Trumped Up Accusations?

If you walk down any major street in the U.S., you're bound to see signs promoting "ecologically-friendly" activities, and to get you into the whole "green" scheme.

Yes, it's true that our environment is changing.

Yes, it's true that humanity probably has something to do with it.

But is it true that it's all humanity's fault? Many scientists are arguing about that very fact right now.

If you look back into the past, you notice that the climate is cyclic; that is, it goes through several up-and-down cycles, some years being warmer on a trend, and some colder. Therefore, humanity is not at the heart of the problem.

Before you scream, "You're wrong!" at me, let me admit that humanity is worsening the situation. The records have been pushed recently, and the push is most likely from the helping hand of good ol' emissions that come from just about everywhere.

To set things right, we need to start a new trend, and start helping the environment. Promoting the use of Hydrogen-fuel-cell cars may help, but it's not the only solution. Reducing the number of miles driven is huge. Try carpooling, or limiting your "cruising time." The environment will benefit, and so will your pocketbook.

"This will certify that the above work is completely original."