Global Warming in Germany | Teen Ink

Global Warming in Germany

December 7, 2007
By Anonymous

Germany wanted to prepare now in order to not be mowed down by tomorrow’s economic and social consequences of the affects of global warming.
Germany pledged on November 3, 2004 to take world leadership to address global warming at a high level conference on climate change. Germany recommended taking better account of climate change into other policy areas including energy, material flows, aviation and transportation. Even German meteorologists stated that the country must start preparing for extreme weather that could cause numerous deaths due to global warming. Germany has already been heated up by 0.9 degrees C in the past century. In 2001 Germany expected to negotiate with the U.S on climate protection at the G8 summit. Germany was a disappointed that the U. S was not yet ready to submit to an internationally agreed climate protection regime along the lines of the 1997 Kyoto Protocol, which runs out in 2012. Africa was high on Germany agenda to engage in a broad political partnership with the aim of promoting democracy and reducing corruption. Germany has met with other countries to discuss issues about global warming to Algeria, Egypt, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal and South Africa. Germany also committed towards cutting heat trapped greenhouse gases and combating global warming. Germany in expanding their power has supplied sources for their renewable energy. The future lies in fuel efficient and environmentally friendly cars and not in large fuel guzzling ones. The German car industry one of the most profitable sectors in the country has long been under fire for failing to develop green technologies to power vehicles and focusing instead on the bottom line producing models.
Germany is subject to more rain and less snow in winter causing Ski resorts in the country’s south to close down, as tourism flourishes in the North and Baltic Seas. German cities will increasingly become ‘heat island’ and there will be growing need for fresh air corridors into the cities. In Germany they continue to use coal but can’t entirely reduce their reliance on it. Coal- fired powers plants are one of greenhouses gases, which scientist have said are primarily responsible for global warming. 30% of our animals are being affected and will be vulnerable and will be vulnerable to extinction if global temperatures rise to temperatures of 1.5-2.5 C (2.7 F to 4.5 F). Greenhouse gases would change rainfall patterns, intensify tropical storms and accelerate the melting of Artic ice and mountain glaciers that will amplify the risk of drought, flooding and water stress levels.
Germany’s per person carbon dioxide output only as half as high as that of an average American’s but on a worldwide scale Germany was in the top group of the world’s worst polluters. Germany must reduce its emissions to 60 to 80, an urgent need for a change in energy consumption.
The World has witnessed in the last 14 years the hottest temperatures levels increasing precipitation in one area but decreasing it in another area. Hurricanes will increase in their destruction over the next 30 years. Diseases like malaria will flourish. If this global warming continues the deaths will double in just 25 years to up to 3000,000 people a year. Heat waves will increase and will be more intense.
We need to realize that we are the cause of Global Warming and that in a person lifetime that the population will reach over to about 9.6 billion with the people still using their old habitats with the new technology that we keep on acquiring to be better. Although 928 articles was written explain the serious consequences of global warming no one has disagree that it is a fact. In 2004 we have had over 1,717 tornadoes.