Not so perfect wedding | Teen Ink

Not so perfect wedding

By loves2write SILVER, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
loves2write SILVER, Cherry Hill, New Jersey

"If you want to see the best in others, bring out the best in you" - fotune cookie

The newest show to air on television was BridalPlasty; it came out November 28 2010 at 9:00pm. This show is about 15 girls who are competing against each other for a fairy tale, celebrity style wedding…oh and you can’t forget about the plastic surgery.
This competition is for the best of the best, 15 brides will go through hard challenges to see who will get the dream wedding and the plastic surgery. Why anyone would compete to get plastic surgery, I don’t know. How come you can’t just go pay for the plastic surgery and raise money for a nice wedding. I understand that most women in this world dream of walking down the aisle in a big white dress and having all of their close friends with them to celebrate but my dream wedding doesn’t include a celebrity style wedding OR going under the knife at all. Some say this show is even more shallow than jersey shore, I must agree. This show makes Jersey shore look like the new Brady Bunch. Most people would agree that in some cases, plastic surgery can be a godsend (for those who can afford it). A good surgeon can conceal scar tissue; or help a dangerously obese patient get back on track to a healthy weight. Just one outpatient procedure can restore confidence to a woman born with, say, a markedly pronounced nose, or a man whose outward-sticking ears are all anyone notices. But when a pretty woman just wants to look prettier, or an insecure woman hopes that a physical transformation will allow her to live a happier life, well, then the whole concept starts to seem unnecessary. By the end of the first episode, one girl had to go home with her -- sob! -- Imperfect body. The rest got to have their faces injected with $600 worth of "filler." Scary. I personally think all women are beautiful in their own way but if they chose to think differently than I guess that’s their own fault. They could be putting so much more time and money into other things besides getting plastic surgery. Number one, it is very dangerous, number two, it can cause many problems with the area you are getting done. And last but not least it just looks ridiculous on some people. I must admit, this show is very funny and entertaining. If I’m in a bad mood I can just turn BridalPlasty on and laugh my butt off. I don’t know why anyone would want to even produce this show; they would get so many bad reviews about it.
When asked about how she feels about this show Ciera Burch said “I think it’s ridiculous, they got proposed to how they were, not because of plastic surgery” and a clear statement that is! I agree one hundred percent with my classmate.