External Exoplanets | Teen Ink

External Exoplanets

June 8, 2022
By Boeing787Dreamliner BRONZE, Lahore, Other
Boeing787Dreamliner BRONZE, Lahore, Other
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Exoplanet it’s a funny term for a planet that can support life, basically Earth 2.0. Astronomers all over the world all looking at new exoplanets daily. Some that are light years away some that we could possibly travel to. Some possible exoplanets could be mars in the future, and Europa one of Jupiter's moons. Some planets like Persephone in the Alpha Centauri System, are the closest solar system to ours. The reason astronomers are looking at these exoplanets is because we know something terrible might happen to earth in the future. In 7 Billion years the sun is going to engulf, because of its super giant phase, and exhaust all of its hydrogen, or maybe something else might happen like an asteroid or comet strikes Earth, some unstoppable things like gamma rays can hit earth as well. We can’t avoid the nasty things space throws at us, and humans are pretty greedy, and expansionist so they will look elsewhere for someplace to live.

First, let me describe what Humans are currently doing in order to reach these planets. Well, we can’t really travel light-years with our current technology, but we can go around the solar system. So comfortably, we can definitely go to Mars. to reach Mars Humans have several ideas. Such as:

Sending Space Probes that are unmanned.

Nuking Mars to terraform it, and create an atmosphere

Making a moon camp on the moon and then sending lots of people to Mars.

Our last option is what Humans are doing first. NASA Artemis is making its own ISS on the Moon and making Moon base camps. Once that’s complete we can easily fly to Mars. Another Idea proposed is that we terraform the moon, make an atmosphere, etc. The moon’s gravity is significantly less powerful than the one on Mars. So if you were to drive on the moon you would be floating 3 or 4 feet in the air with your car. This is our first step into reaching new exoplanets. Since we can’t go to the ones far far away in different galaxies, we can at least stay in ours.

We know that Earth is going to get hit by something in the future, but we can guarantee, the safety of the Biotic creatures that live on Earth. We can now probably stop our anxiety about getting killed by space, or whatever it throws at us now. We can literally live anywhere we want to, but at one cost... time.


The author's comments:

We can finally escape Earth, and explore other parts of our Universe.