TEN IMPORTANT LESSONS I HAVE LEARNT TILL NOW | Teen Ink

TEN IMPORTANT LESSONS I HAVE LEARNT TILL NOW

June 8, 2022
By aadhyabakshi BRONZE, New Delhi, Other
aadhyabakshi BRONZE, New Delhi, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Is there anyone in the world who’s perfect?I don’t think so ,so why do ppl try to be perfect ? ,to win a guinness record? I don’t know why  guys try to find the perfect girl when she doesn’t exist  or why girls try to find the perfect guy when they don’t exist  , why parents try to make their kids perfect .shouldn’t we see everyone as perfect individual to be honest I don’t think so I can see anyone be perfect what I can do is think of everyone as a PERFECT living being.

Since a kid I  used to have an urge to be perfect but perfect girls don’t exist, and real girls aren’t perfect . Im 14 and yeah still young but I have learnt ten important  lessons in my life till now and which  are -:

First lesson: you don’t need to be perfect for others, if you feel comfortable with your body ,your face ,you’re great . No matter what don’t try to live up to the stupid society. They are going to judge everyone anyways so rather than trying to be perfect just realise you’re worth it .  people have created the beauty standards for some stupid reason and if you don’t match them don't feel insecure just realise you’re unique.

Second lesson: comparing yourself with the social Media influencers is very wrong not going to lie. Thinking”wow, they are skinny ” or “wow, she’s too pretty ” its not wrong but if you’re comparing yourself with them you are ruining  your mental health only no one will be affected like you would be. Being different is not wrong, being different is unique.

Third lesson: judging people is not cool it's toxic. Trying to be  someone doesn’t make you look cool it makes you look fake. Bullying kids doesn’t make you a popular kid it makes you a bullly.

Fourth lesson: being a teenager is tough, when we are in our teenage life, we imagine  our lives to be a replica of  the movies . Partying with the popular kids ,having boyfriends or girlfriends , drinking  and so on but IT’S NOT WHAT TEENAGE LIFE IS. being teenager isn’t about all this crap being a teenager means you are mature  enough to make some decisions in your life. It means you are growing, your body is changing and so is you mental state.

Fifth lesson: being on social media and scrolling through it will not magically give you A’s , study ,you don’t need to be a valedictorian or have a 4.0 GPA but at least study enough to pass your subjects gracefully . CHEATING WILL NEVER BE BENEFICIAL IN FUTURE. Its a hard truth but the sooner you learn the better your school life would be.

Sixth lesson: accept your flaws, it’s alright to have flaws. Try to work on them rather than not accepting them . I know how difficult it is to see yourself in the mirror and rather than thinking you’re happy and wonderful all you see is your flaws and try your best to ignore it but I found a way to get over it which was looking straight in the mirror and repeating positive affirmations. Because thinking negative Never works. remember you don't need to starve yourself to fit into a dress or a jeans. I have seen girls who starve themselves just to get into a piece of clothing, but even if you think its worth it its not your health comes first.

Seventh lesson: if you ever feel sad or overthink, repeat this I call it the overthinking mantra that I found in a book 

 I ACKNOWLEDGE A THOUGHT IS JUST LIKE A WAVE, IT GOES UP THEN EVENTUALLY GO AWAY.( just remember feeling are temporary and so are thoughts.)

Eight lesson: you can’t change someone else but you can change yourself. 

Ninth lesson: I found this quote in a book which said “THE THINGS YOU LOVE ABOUT OTHERS ARE THE THINGS YOU LOVE ABOUT YOURSELF AND THE THINGS YOU HATE ABOUT OTHERS ARE THE THINGS YOU HATE ABOUT YOURSELF.” 

tenth lesson: sometimes a good news comes when we least expect it.

thank you